Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Purple Soccer Ball Award

The first person to receive the ‘Purple Sock Award’ was the main lady I contribute for leading me to Christ. She was the head cheerleader my high school. Our colors were purple and gold. She was also leader of our on campus Bible Study in 1992. Over years the unique award has gone to a special friend(s). The award has gone to many special ladies for various reasons. They have all meant someone thing special to me and had a special unique meeting in my heart. For you ladies. I turned it into a purple soceer ball. This ball was found disregarded and ignored in the parking lot I work in. I could relate to this ball before my time at your university. I felt ignored and disregarded much like the ball. Now every day when I walk on campus a beautiful young lady calls my name. None are more special or more highly cherished than you ladies. Before my time at on Campus I hated soccer. I openly maligned everywhere. Including in the house of my home Bible study and residential dwelling of an college student that uses Soccer as a missionary guise to reach impoverished ill knowledged potential Christians. My mother and stepfather gave out purple socks as s stocking suffers and the tradition lasted with my mom longer than second her marriage. I have continued the tradition and made it my own. It has now lasted ten years longer than my mother’s life. I give it not only in my mothers fortitude, but also in the Lord's, they make up my own. These two aforementioned spirits are part of the man I am today. One pair of socks went to the first person I met as I walked into sanctuary of my church. An inspirational young lady I will never forget. She has some thing in common with many of you. + Her name is Kara. + She is a twin. + Her Birthday is February 16th. The original prize went to a lifeguard I meet in 2008. She was my main inspiration for returning to school. Her name was Mara; This prize is for all of you however. Every soccer player (Women’s and boys) past, present and future. May they all inspire a 38 year old autism student like me to donate both heartfel time and effort as openly as I have over the past two semesters. P.S. There is may yet be more great “Gifts” to come just as long as you keep on kicking but and scoring goals for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment