Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stranger Conversation

Definition: (Term) This is the type of voice interaction or talking with a person in public you do not know from a can of paint. This does not include married couples or family members that live in the same house that simply do no speak to each other for various reasons. I know it is an overused cliché’ but opposites attract. For instance. Last night I spent the evening in a bar listening to recently wed young ladies speak of their new husbands. The reason I know they were recently married is the rocks on their perspective fingers were still glowing and looked as if they were placed there for the first time less than 48 hours ago. #1 The married one was speaking of her newly acquired husband, saying that NO ONE in his family speaks to him and I wanted to inject for several reasons. First off there is usually a reason why an entire group of people stops talking to a particular individual. Most of the time it has to do with the “less than spectacular” behavior of the person in question. I kept my moth shut in order no to get kicked out of the coffee house I was in at the time. I also did desire to spoil her “Honeymoon”. The above is just one example of my topic for the day. The others are much shorter stories that do not involve five paragraphs to tell. I remember one day … #2 It was a long time ago in a video arcade far far away. I was playing Super Mario Brothers in an arcade in California where I graduated high school. I was playing the game for the first time and had some “stranger” looking over my shoulder explaining to me how to play the game. At one point I won the Mushroom of Growth and the Star of Immunity and this man was telling me what each did. “The star will make you immune to ANYthing that happens to you!” he explained almost gleefully. A few seconds later I fell of a cliff and died. (at least Mario did.) “Except that!” the odd man joyfully pointed out. I felt worse than my ill-fated one inch tall animated charater. For Mario had three more lives and will not remember that moment years later. (Dead men have no memories!) I on the other hand I still have nightmares of that day over two decades later. Okay so I lied the second story took five paragraphs as well. You never know by the time I finish these tails of woe and glory I may have completed my SECOND completed novel. #2 There was another time when I was living in West Chester… I was at one of my local hang out’s a local bar names “The Green Clover” and I was discussing fianacess. This is a topic you usully don’t broach to strangers but alsas there is an exception to every rule. I was pointing out that I make money without working and I theraratically could “Quit my Job” and make ends meat. The man next to me jumped into the conversation and agreed with me. We both agreed life is boring without working and that is why we work. There are other benefits to not working as well we both said almost in unision like medical benefits and keeping out of troulble. Just remember the old saying. “Idol hands are the devil’s advocate. Ironically I am now in deep water for I have not worked in a few months and I now can not afford my much needed mediacation. That medication and the reason I can make money with out working are ironinallly linked. That however is another story. #3 This one is short I promie. I was in a bar in West Chester called The Balarney Stone. I sat next to a blonde. She said “I’m married. Incase that’s what your thinking.” My response was priceless. “I’m thirsty.” I repalied. In Case that is what you are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment