Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Obama: A Man to Admire

I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. I liked the way he spoke. I found him to be both intelligent and well mannered. His acceptance speech solidified my way of thinking. In this speech, Mr. Obama is very professional as well as personal. He shows respect for all manners of people in different ways. This style of speech adds color to the black and white words on the page. In this acceptance speech, the newly crowned Head of State combines a good portion of personality and professionalism into his podium platform. A writer myself I admire this man. Our nation's president has written two books and writes speeches often. He also writes State of the Union speeches often. I may not always agree with what he says but I like his style. This speech is just one example of that style I admire. He has the intelligence to interweave both personality and professionalism into his style of writing. He does so from the very beginning. The opening paragraph of his speech is a healthily combination of both styles. In this first paragraph he eludes to the potential of all Americans. "Who doubts that America is a place where all things are possible...”? Mr. Obama keeps this manner of speaking consistent through out the first few paragraphs and later says. "We are, and always will be, the United States of America." It is not until the third page this speech does Mr. Obama first shows his personal side with gratitude when he speaks of his victory "I would not be standing here without the unyielding support of my best friend..." refereeing to his wife. (Michelle Obama) Here he is humble. Later Mr. Obama thanks the opposition. "I just received a very gracious call from Senator Mc Cain. " I congratulated him and Governor Palin for all they have achieved." He keeps this style of writing throughout the acceptance speech. I attempt to show such humility in my everyday walk as well as daily writings. I look up to our country's leader and support him, because Bible sayse to stand behind my leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment