Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Best Friend Ed.

When Ed and I first me about five to six years ago I was living on my own in West Chester. I was still recovering from my mother’s 2001 death. I was suffering from overwhelming anxiety at the time and had no social life to speak of. Now I am living on the main line, working at the best job I’ve ever had in my life and even enrolled in Eastern University. Ed has been with me through all this and while I am not claiming that his friendship is the main cause of my recovery. I am claiming him to be a consistent cog in the machine that got me to where I am today. My hobby is writing movie reviews so I was asked to write this article. I am up to 830 movie reviews (written mostly in the past three years) and post them up online on my blogspot almost every day. My major at Eastern is Journalism and I am already published in the school newspaper. Ed has been my most consistent fan through the years of not only my wring but also all my attempts to improve myself. While we do not meet as often as we wish we get along like gangbusters when we do met. We seem to agree on almost everything and even have the same sense of humor. Often we will just talk on the phone but I look forward to our conversations nonetheless. Our friendship has gotten stronger over the years and I even go as far as using him as a personal reference on my job applications. He claims to get as much out of our friendship as I do. I don’t know where I’d be with out him and value our friendship as if it were gold. I only hop others get as much out of their friendship with their compeer friends as I do with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment