Friday, September 6, 2013

My First Crush.

I was in sixth grade the first time in your life when you realize girls aren't icky but instead get an entirely different story when you are around them. The object of my affection was Kelli Harmon. She had long brown hair blue eyes and a very thick southern accent. It was the kind of accent that would either turn you off or make you melt. For me the latter was the affect. I was very shy at that time and didn't really have the cuts to tell her how I felt about her. Everybody else in the sixth grade knew it though so did a few of the teachers and staff members. The two most important people who knew were my rival Eric Burrwell and Jamie Cox Kelli's best friend. I told Jamie of my crush on Kelli because I knew I could trust her, and also because she was always to talk to. Jamie is not the one who blew my secret, it instead was Eric Burrwell. He told Kelli one day of my crush. He did it right in front of me making no attempt to be the least bit subtle about it. That through was not the most crushing blow. For Kelli handled it well and we became the best of friends. The more embarrassing situation happened when I wanted to improve my friendship with Kelli to something more. Whatever that was in the sixth grade. I taped one of my favorite love songs for her and brought it to school. I was going to give it to her in history class the only class we had together that year. History class was right after lunch. That was the longest morning of my life. The tape I made never got to her. I left it in my book bag before lunch. I was to hungry to remember to take the tape out of my bag, and to young to think to give it to her during lunch. Eric Burrwell however did not forget about the tape. He stole it from my book bag and turned it in to Ms. Harris. Who promptly played it to the entire class during lunch. She said it had no place in school and that she did it to teach me a lesson I however strongly disagreed. Kelli never spoke to me again. She ignored me for the rest of the school year. She didn't return my phone calls she even stopped talking to Jamie for the role she played in our friendship. The following year we went to different schools I never saw Kelli again.

No comments:

Post a Comment